[RSSAC Caucus] [Rssac-admin-committee] Possible new work for the Caucus

Wes Hardaker hardaker at isi.edu
Mon Oct 3 11:40:16 UTC 2022

I have some code that converts .bib files to a navigable web page
representation.  We could use that or something like that to keep track of
references from root-related publications and auto-convert them to a web
page which could then go to a corresponding github.io page.

On Mon, Oct 3, 2022 at 1:55 AM Andrew McConachie <
andrew.mcconachie at icann.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> The RSSAC Caucus maintains a Github account for its work.
> <https://github.com/rssac-caucus>
>
> If the Caucus wants such a living document this would seem like the
> logical place to put it. We should discuss how to manage it. There needs to
> be some clear criteria on what gets merged and who is responsible for
> merging.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew
>
> On 3 Oct 2022, at 10:28, Baojun Liu <bjliu0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey, Fred Baker and Paul Hoffman,
>
> I’m Baojun Liu, an assistant professor from Tsinghua University.
> My main research interests include DNS security and Internet measurement.
> The project you describe is very valuable, and I would love to contribute
> to this project.
>

> BTW,
> I have also conducted some research projects on DNS root server instances,
> such as evaluating its deployment status from a China-wide view.
> https://blog.apnic.net/2022/08/03/measuring-the-practical-effect-of-dns-root-server-instances-a-china-wide-case-study/
> [blog.apnic.net]
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://blog.apnic.net/2022/08/03/measuring-the-practical-effect-of-dns-root-server-instances-a-china-wide-case-study/__;!!PtGJab4!8Esb3lu46jdbAKz6ztarFNDF9Y_-uX8AOhADdjv8tuxYB4QQYx8kVMoyuhsbE0UsgwmVTB39NagA5FUc-0pYLl1HLQ$>
>

> Sincerely,
> Baojun.
>
> Fred Baker <fred at isc.org> 于2022年10月3日周一 14:56写道:
>
>> Question: is there interest in a GDoc or GitHub document tracking
>> research on RSS-related research?
>>
>> > On Sep 27, 2022, at 6:26 PM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman at icann.org>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Greetings again. During the 002v5 Work Party last week, I floated the
>> idea that the Caucus should maybe have a project to create a list of
>> research that is about the RSS. There was some interest, so I'd like to
>> take it to the Caucus, but maybe it needs to go through RSSAC first.
>> >
>> > The idea would be that there would be a living document (a public GDoc?
>> a file in a GitHub repo?) that lists all the research we know of about the
>> RSS. This would be academic work, papers written by individuals, and any
>> interesting use of the DITL root data. It could be maintained by the policy
>> staff (hi, Andrew!) and vetted by a designated person on RSSAC in case
>> there is a proposed listing that doesn't match some criteria that we set.
>> >
>> > If this interests you, please let me know how to proceed.
>> >
>> > --Paul Hoffman

Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI