[RSSAC Caucus] RSSAC002v5: New title for section 3.1

Andrew McConachie andrew.mcconachie at icann.org
Fri Mar 3 10:59:58 UTC 2023

> On 2 Mar 2023, at 18:46, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman at icann.org> wrote:
>
> On Mar 1, 2023, at 6:34 AM, Andrew McConachie <andrew.mcconachie at icann.org> wrote:
>> So how about this:
>> 3.1 The time elapsed between publishing and serving
>
> That seems too abbreviated, but might be OK. The best I could come up with is  "The time elapsed between receipt of a new zone and serving", which may be too long.

My title leans heavily into the definitions of publish and serve from RSSAC026v2.

"Publishing the root zone is the activity performed by the root zone maintainer when
preparing a new version of the root zone and entering it into the root zone distribution
system. Serving the root zone is the activity performed by the root server system using the
acquired information.”

Is your “receipt of a new zone” synonomous with RSSAC026v2’s definition of publish?

—Andrew