[RSSAC Caucus] Security Incident Reporting Work Party Update

Robert Story rstory at ant.isi.edu
Mon Apr 22 14:05:53 UTC 2024

Hi Dessalegn,

I think this would fall under an informational report, because:

- it was caused by a bad configuration update, not a malicious actor
- it affected less than 25% of a single RSO, so no material effect on
  the RSS

While I think/hope that we will include a recommendation that RSSAC or
the RSS GS consider creating guidance for information reporting, it's
otherwise out of scope for the current document.

Regards,
Robert

USC Information Sciences Institute <http://www.isi.edu/>
Networking and Cybersecurity Division