[RSSAC Caucus] Security Incident Reporting and c-root incident

Wataru "Alt" Ohgai alt at nic.ad.jp
Wed May 22 11:06:14 UTC 2024

Dear Caucus and WP members,

This is Alt from JPNIC.

As you may already know, c-root is reported to be experiencing routing
and XFR issue, affecting ongoing DNSSEC algorythm rollover of gov. and int.

In my opinion this issue itself is not a material impact for the entire
RSS, however, if our security incident reporting document were taking
effect at this time, is this eligeble to be reported?

RSOs are free to report any incident at its own will regardless of the
effect of this docment but I just wonder if this kind of issue effecting
multiple TLD operations could be within "what to report"(nearly equals
to requirement/mandatory) in the definition of this docment.

--
大谷 亘
Wataru Ohgai

alt at nic.ad.jp