[RSSAC Caucus] [SPAM] Re: Security Incident Reporting and c-root incident

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Thu May 23 14:42:02 UTC 2024

I agree with this. Even before dnssec, emergency root zone changes to add or remove an NS record or to change glue records could be service effecting if delayed. There have always been occasional delays but we should be measuring so as to manage them.

p vixie

On May 23, 2024 15:05, David Conrad <david.conrad at layer9.tech> wrote:

Robert,

On May 23, 2024, at 9:00 AM, Robert Story <rstory at ant.isi.edu> wrote:
> Yes, they are. But the scope of work for this document is for reporting on
> security incidents that had a material impact on the RSS. Possible or averted
> events are out of scope for this work party.

As mentioned, this was an externally visible event that impacted the activities of two TLD operators.

What is your definition of “material impact on the RSS”?

Thanks,
-drc