[Rt4-whois] First Face to Face Meetings - updated table

Wilfried Woeber, UniVie/ACOnet Woeber at CC.UniVie.ac.at
Fri Nov 5 14:08:55 UTC 2010

Hi Kathy, all,

just a couple of thoughts.....

Kathy Kleiman wrote:

> Thanks All,
>
> I appreciate all the email, and we have a much more complete table!
> While half our team will be in Cartagena, all of us are available in
> mid-January for a meeting. To hold a solid, substantive, face-to-face
> meeting, our time is January.

fine with me, but *please* could wew start the process of agreeing on
a date (or maybe 1 or 2 alternatives) *right now*?

There's quite a bit of competition for timeslots, for some of us, and
the more things which linger around, the more difficult it becomes to
schedule the competing requests :-(

> I'll circulate some ideas and a request for a planning  committee for
> the January meeting shortly (please feel free to send initial thoughts
> and ideas to me).
>

> I would also like to recommend that, for those of us who are attending
> the Cartagena meeting, we have a short social hour to introduce
> ourselves-- no agenda, no substantive discussion.

While I agree, that we should not go for a full-blown "formal" meeting
if we plan to hold that in January, I'd like to put a bit more flesh onto
the bones.

In particular, I'd like to have the relevant/involved ICANN individuals
join in (assuming that most of them will be in Cartagena anyway, but not
necessarily able to join us in January!?).

As an additional idea, we could try to work with ICANN staff on discussing
our communcation infrastructure and maybe even agree on the next steps.
I'd really like to have that available (stable, test-driven,...) *before*
the January meeting.

> Would anyone not
> attending the Cartagena meeting object or feel excluded by this type of
> get together?

If(!) the team agrees on this suggested "upgrade", could we have a show of
hands, (Kathy - can you collect that, too?) from those NOT going to Colombia,
whether they would be able and willing to join in remotely?

> Please find the table attached.

I presume we should let the people in ICANN, doing the planning right know,
asap what type and level of support we'd like to get in Cartagena, e.g a room
and remote access,...

> All the best,
>
> Kathy

Regards,