[Rt4-whois] WRT Guidelines - Chair Function [was: Documents; Shorter mtg in Cartagena]

Wilfried Woeber, UniVie/ACOnet Woeber at CC.UniVie.ac.at
Mon Nov 8 15:55:57 UTC 2010

The draft "WRT Guidelines" propose:

- The Chair – and any Vice-Chair(s) – must play a neutral role by refraining
  from pushing a specific agenda, ensuring fair treatment for all legitimate
  views and guaranteeing objectivity in identifying areas of agreement.

I roughly agree, with the comment that this definition might disable the
Chair as full member of the team. I think it takes a very well-managed
person to remain fully neutral while at the same time participating in the
discussion of a topic and expressing the personal point of view.

We may want to consider a hand-over from the Chair to a Co-Chair / Vice-Chair
for the duration of a discussion in which the acting Chair has a strong point
of view to contribute.

Regarding notes, reports, documentation and clerical ascpects, do we expect
to make use of a Secretariat Role, either provided by ICANN or from within
the team members?

Regards,
Wilfried.