[Rt4-whois] Withdrawing offer to function as Chair

Olof Nordling olof.nordling at icann.org
Tue Nov 9 14:47:01 UTC 2010

Dear Kathy and all,
For the record, I find it essential to rectify a slight misunderstanding I perceive from your first bullet point. The topic of Cartagena activities was on our agenda for the second call, but meeting time ran out before it could be properly addressed and the meeting agreed that staff should provide it's working assumptions in that regard to the list. That was done by email (attached) on 1 Nov and staff proceeded to request facilities accordingly, since that had to be done before the deadline of 4 Nov. This was done in order to enable activities in Cartagena, should the Review Team so decide. This in order to keep the Review Team's options open, knowing that it is much easier to change, reduce or cancel such bookings, according to the Review Team's wishes, than to introduce them after the deadline. The purpose was certainly not to impose the arrangements. I hope (and trust) that the above clarifies any lingering misunderstanding about this practical matter.

As to the London venue, I've been in contact with Sharon - it turns out that the meeting room has no wireless Internet and the possibilities for conference calls are under investigation. Hope to be able to give a further update on the call tomorrow.
Very best regards
Olof