[Rt4-whois] Proposed Voting Agreement for Whois RT

Wilfried Woeber, UniVie/ACOnet Woeber at CC.UniVie.ac.at
Wed Nov 10 12:23:24 UTC 2010

Yakushev Mikhail wrote:

> Colleagues,
>
> In all working groups where I've ever participated the members were
> supposed to work/discuss/decide/vote in person. My understanding is
> that the RT has been formed of the selection of experts, and any of
> their 'alternate persons' cannot be treated as such. So if a participant
> of the RT is unable to participate in the meetings/conferences/calls etc.,
> no 'alternate' can really _replace_ him/her.

ACK

> Since Cartagena is expected to be mostly an _informal_ gathering (considering
> London January year as the first _formal_ meeting), I think there is no problem
> to accept the presence of anyone who would somehow 'inform' the participant
> (who is absent) afterwards, provided that the Team is notified about this fact
> beforehand, and no one has objections.

Again, I agree.

I was about to submit the following proposal to augment my objection re the
'alternate' aspect. As follows (I do have quite some positive experience with
such an arrangement):

The RT can invite observcers and/or technical experts to participate in the
scheduled meetings, or parts thereof.

Observers are expected to remain passive but are invited to contribute with
background information or logistic aspects at any time.

Invited experts are expected to actively particicate in the discussion of
topics for which the have been invited.

Both observers and experts can be invited for a single meeting, for a period
of time or until the invitation is withdrawn (wording - maybe "expires" is a
better word? Native speakers pls. advise!) Observers and experts are expected
to leave the meeting at any time upon request by the Chair.

Proposals or Requests for Invitations can be submitted by the prospective
invitee as well as by any of the RT memebers. A decision can either be taken
by way of a formal vote or consensus on the mailing list.

It is the Chairs' responsibility to manage the potential CoI or any other
confidentiality issue that may arise.

Does that make sense?

> Apart from the above - I do support Lynn's initial proposals.
>
> Regards,
> Michael

Best regards,
Wilfried.