[Rt4-whois] [renamed] procedural and substantive issues

Kathy Kleiman kKleiman at pir.org
Wed Nov 10 13:59:02 UTC 2010

I tend to agree with Emily on the Scope of Work issue. I think it raises
a number of questions of interpretation and definition. It is the most
substantive of the issues we spun off for separate work, and the one
with the least work to date.

So my personal thought that we move forward quickly to finalize and
adopt the excellent procedural work done to date (this meeting, or
next):

-        Voting/Consensus mechanisms

-        Chair/Vice Chair

Re: Scope of Work, I would urge that we ALL help in the direct
development of the Scope of Work - perhaps by dividing into small groups
in which each member plays a part. That will be the best way, I think,
to incorporate the views and perspective of gTLDs and ccTLDs, IP and
IDN, and others, right from the start.  I see this as the first major
substantive piece work of the whole Team.

Best,

Kathy Kleiman

Director of Policy

.ORG The Public Interest Registry

Direct: +1 703 889-5756  Mobile: +1 703 371-6846

Visit us online!

Check out events & blogs at .ORG Buzz! <http://www.pir.org/orgbuzz>

Find us on Facebook | dotorg
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/dotorg/203294399456?v=wall>

See the .ORG Buzz! Photo Gallery on Flickr <http://flickr.com/orgbuzz>

See our video library on YouTube <http://youtube.com/orgbuzz>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:

Proprietary and confidential to .ORG, The Public Interest Registry.  If
received in error, please inform sender and then delete.