[Rt4-whois] Planning our next steps - outreach

Wilfried Woeber, UniVie/ACOnet Woeber at CC.UniVie.ac.at
Fri Nov 12 10:19:05 UTC 2010

Deasr Emily,

thanks for the various proposals, good stuff and food for thought!

I'd come back to the outreach aspect first, due to imminent meetings...

Emily Taylor wrote:
[...]
> - Planning our outreach:  who do we need to speak to within the ICANN
> Community?  Can we also think about who *outside* the community needs
> to give input?  How do we structure our outreach. I'd like to get as many
> of the Team involved in reaching back to their sponsoring communities
> throughout our work.

Frst of all, I think all of us who have been endorsed by a sponsoring group
should regularly take summaries and relevant piecces of discussion back to
their dens. I certainly plan to do that for the Address Council on a regular
basis. Any objections?

Secondly, I plan to do 2 things,
again - unless the Teasm objects, please let me know!

- I have included an item on the draft agenda for the meeting of RIPE's
  DataBase Working Group (next week in Rome, IT) to point people in our
  direction.

  While the RIPE DB is (almost exclusively - with the exception of revDNS
  delegation entries) an IP Resource DB, usually people from the European
  TLD arena are present, too, and there are important interactions between
  names and addresses for many entities;

- I plan to offer a presentation/summary on the RT4 status for the joint
  FIRST/TF-CSIRT meeting at the very beginning of February 2011, Barcelona, ES.
  For those of you not having heard these acronyms yet,

  . FIRST is the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (a global
    group, formally HQ'ed in the US http://www.first.org/ )

  . TF-CSIRT is a (very mature) Task-Force of TERENA that helps aggregate
    and focus the activities of Seurity Teams in Europe and the med-rim area.
    see http://www.terena.org/activities/tf-csirt/
    and http://www.trusted-introducer.nl/

Please advise by electronically "nodding" or voicing objections. We can also
put that onto the proposed agenda for the next meeting if you so prefer!

[...]
> Please let me have your thoughts on these proposals, and I look forward to our next call.
>
> Best,
>
> Emily
>
> 76 Temple Road, Oxford OX4 2EZ UK
> telephone: 01865 582 811   mobile: 07540 049 322
> emily.taylor at etlaw.co.uk www.etlaw.co.uk

Best regards,
Wilfried