[Rt4-whois] Request for ICANN WHOIS resources

Denise Michel denise.michel at icann.org
Tue Nov 23 22:17:46 UTC 2010

Dear Team members:

WHOIS Background Information has been posted on the wiki:
<https://community.icann.org/display/whoisreview/WHOIS+Background+Information>

It includes brief explanations and links to information organized by
the topics listed below.  With over a decade's worth of ICANN Whois
history to draw from, Liz Gasster, Pam Little and I tried to provide
you with key resources without overwhelming you.   As I noted
previously, we are expecting to fine tune and add to this wiki page,
based on Team members' needs.  Comments are encouraged!

Please let me know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards,
Denise

PS.  If you need assistance accessing or using the wiki, please
contact Alice off-list.

Denise Michel
ICANN
Advisor to the President
denise.michel at icann.org
+1.408.429.3072 mobile
+1.310.578.8632 direct

1.  Background

2.  Selected Whois Accuracy Work by Compliance

3.  Overview of Selected Whois Policy Activity (historical)

4.  Overview of Current Whois Policy Activity

5.  IANA and Whois

6.  Two Whois-related sessions in Cartagena

7.  Additional Information

Annex A -- Links to Other Reports and References

Annex B -- Status of GNSO Council-requested WHOIS studies – November 2010 Update