[Rt4-whois] Call on Wednesday - preparation, and suggested agenda items

Emily Taylor emily.taylor at etlaw.co.uk
Sat Jan 29 09:53:38 UTC 2011

Dear all

I'm sure that, like me, you'll be shocked to learn that, next Wednesday, it will be two weeks since our face to face meeting! I'm therefore writing with some suggestions to prepare for our next call.

As we decided at our London meeting, the next conference call is taking place this Wednesday at 16:00 UTC.  Bearing in mind our action plan, our priority for this call should be to agree definitions and preliminary questions for public comment prior to the San Francisco meeting.  It would be useful to have materials circulated in advance of the call, especially from those groups working on definitions (C, D, E, F).

In preparation for this meeting, we are hoping each subteam will report on:

1. current status,
2. an outline of what they might propose in our public comment period.
3. questions for ICANN staff (questions based on London Compliance and/or Policy presentations, any ICANN materials posted to the Whois Wiki, or as needed),
4. research and support items the Subteam might need,

Alice is ready to help subteams with creating Doodle polls and setting up conference bridges for sub-teams (all calls will be recorded and archived unless otherwise requested).

Early next week, we will also be circulating a short report of our meeting for review, approval and publication by the group.

As a reminder, here are our Subteams:

A. What is the Whois Policy? -- James, Kathy, Wilfried;
B. Whois Policy Implementation Review: Peter, Bill, Emily, Michael;
C. Law Enforcement:  Kim, Sharon, Wilfried and Lutz;
D. Consumers and Consumer Trust Sarmad, Olivier, Lynn, Peter, Bill;
E. Applicable laws:  Kim, Omar, Michael, Lynn;
F. Producers and Maintainers of Whois Data:  James, Susan, Wilfried
(with Omar looking into 	the related question of who "owns" the
data)

Is there anything else we should add to the agenda?

telephone: 01865 582 811   mobile: 07540 049 322
emily.taylor at etlaw.co.uk www.etlaw.co.uk