[Rt4-whois] Fwd: Fwd: Team questions for ICANN staff

Smith, Bill bill.smith at paypal-inc.com
Fri Feb 18 19:02:38 UTC 2011

I’ve copied the relevant questions from the document below. It’s probably best to have the person that generated the question(s) answer the staff.

1)      What does the eco-system of WHOIS look like from your point of view? *(Please elaborate on/clarify what is meant by this question)

2)      What is the technical input that sustains the system? *(Please elaborate on/clarify what is meant by this question)

3)      What is the economic system that sustains – and maybe controls – this system? *(Please elaborate on/clarify what is meant by this question)

4)      Who or what are the predators (def.?)? *(Please elaborate on/clarify what is meant by this question)

5)      Who or what are the “parasites” and/or sources of risk for the stability of the system? *(Please elaborate on/clarify what is meant by this question)