[Rt4-whois] Next week -availability and public comment materials [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Nettlefold, Peter Peter.Nettlefold at dbcde.gov.au
Fri Feb 25 02:20:24 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I can see that the team has been very busy these past couple of weeks, and that some very useful discussions have emerged.

I apologise for my absence, but I'm now busy trying to get back up to speed with where everything is at.

Consumer trust has obviously been an area of fruitful discussion, and I think I have been able to largely track that debate through and have the latest working definitions and proposed questions.

However, I'm having more trouble with the law enforcement and applicable laws discussions. For example, are the definitions of these on the public wiki page taken to be our final working definitions? Also, have proposed questions for these areas been developed? I apologise if I've missed them, but the number of emails, transcripts and wiki entries has made this a bit hard to track this - perhaps as I'm not on those sub-teams. Could someone, perhaps from one of those sub-teams, please forward these through to me if they're in a form to do so?

As I said in London, and I see that others have commented on this more recently, I think a key issue here will be to ensure that we don't let something slip through the net (so to speak) of these three broad constructs. So from my perspective, I'd like to be able to look at all three together if possible.

The one thing I would flag in advance is some reservation about the law enforcement definition on the wiki page. I haven't yet had time to work through this fully, but I hope that there could be opportunity to discuss this if necessary.

I apologise in advance if I've missed something obvious.

Thanks in advance,

Peter