[Rt4-whois] Proposal for the consultations

Emily Taylor emily.taylor at etlaw.co.uk
Mon Mar 14 13:15:25 UTC 2011

Hi Lutz

Thanks for sending these slides through, and for your work on the slide
decks.

For the ASO meeting, I'm not sure I understand the thinking on the
thinking.  I also don't want to alarm the ASO (or ccNSO for that matter)
with any suggestion that we might be reviewing their WHOIS policies - I
expect they would be strongly resistant to any such suggestion, or blurring
of boundaries, because their policy making is independent of the ICANN
process.

I would prefer us to be more neutral (and this goes for the longer slide
deck), and make statements which are supported by the whole RT.  The
sessions this week are much less about our opinions, and much more about
asking different sections of the community to:

- Highlight issues which they believe are important in relation to our work
- Identify any key documents which they think we should consider
- Tell us if there are best practices in their community which might benefit
the ICANN community

And I think that's it. As your last slide rightly says - we want their
views, right here, right now.