[Rt4-whois] Discussion paper comments

Smith, Bill bill.smith at paypal-inc.com
Fri May 13 16:36:56 UTC 2011

All,

Please find attached a copy of the draft discussion paper with my comments attached. I am concerned that the recent proposed changes take us outside our scope<https://community.icann.org/display/whoisreview/Scope+and+Roadmap+of+the+WHOIS+RT>, and could lead us to rehash approximately 10 years of difficult, exhausting, frustrating, but largely fruitless work.

I believe we've made good progress on the items in our Roadmap and if we continue to work on those items, we'll be able to complete our review in timely fashion.

Bill Smith

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC114E.907D3DF0]
The safer, easier way to pay online

2211 North First Street, San Jose, CA 95131
Direct  408 967 2380  | Cell  925 577 0606
Skype  wc.smith