[Rt4-whois] Our call next week - preparation

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Tue Jun 7 13:33:02 UTC 2011

Thanks to Emily for her leadership, and for the agenda that will take us
into next week's meeting and the Singapore meeting. The detailed agenda
contains a sense of the robust discussion on key issues we hope to have
in Singapore, and the new subteams we hope to form to handle these last
report issues.

In addition, it would be a significant step forward for the first
sections of the Final Report to be drafted -- the sections that cover
all of the subteams' work to date. Thus, definitional sections for
Applicable Laws, Consumer Trust, Law Enforcement and Whois Policy
could/should be drafted ahead of time in preparation for our face to
face meeting and discussion.

Please let us know what you think about the detailed agenda below. In
the busy weeks ahead before the meeting, it will be hard to find time to
do the work -- yet the consensus of the group is that we would like to
start seeing the Final Report begin.  Would it be possible for Subteams
to write their sections in the next week??

All the best,
Kathy

Detailed Singapore Draft Agenda (also attached as a Word file in case
formatting below is difficult to read):

1. Reports of the Subteams and Review of Subteam Report Sections (draft
subteam sections to be distributed prior to Singapore
     A.        Summary of comments received, and how comments
incorporated (or not) into this Report
     B.        Review of Subteam's Draft Report Section.
                 Such a Section might include: the Definition (or
Policy), background (for newcomers), Subteam's                work and
how modified based on public comment (in person and written); and why
this issue is important in light of the Affirmation of Commitments
     C.        Initial Discussion with Review Team (with additional
comments to follow in later meetings).

2. Inventory of Implementation - presentation from the Subteam.
     A.    Presentation
     B.    Discussion of compliance questions and issues
     C.    Subteam overview of next steps and RT discussion

3. Final Report - New Subteams!
     A.    Analysis of Final Report Sections - what the the key ones we
need?
     B.    What subteams are needed to draft these sections?
     C.    Does this cover all remaining sections of the Final Report?
If not, what else is needed?
     D.    Timelines and deadlines; discussion and goals.
     E.    New subteam meetings (like London)

4. Plan for our outreach sessions.
     A.        Full schedule of all times & rooms for Singapore Meetings
     B.        Discussion/approval of slides for Public Forum Meeting
(draft slides to be distributed prior to                         Singapore)
     C.        Brief discussion of goals/questions/information sought
for other outreach meetings, e.g.,:
                 1.     ICANN Board (Sunday)
                 2.     Law Enforcement (Monday after DN abuse session?)
                 3.     Registries/Registrars (special meeting of
implementation subteam; policy/compliance questions especially valuable
-- and promised as a basis for this meeting - Wed. 2 hours)
                 4.     Update on Intellectual Property and Business
Constituency (held by phone on 5/25(?) at request of these constituencies)
                 5.    Advisory Committees and Constituencies not yet
met with: ALAC? NCUC? Others?
                 6.    Second meeting with SSAC (?)
                 7.    Second meeting with GAC (?)
                 8.     Brief second meeting with ccNSO (in light of
call to them in comments)?
                 9.    Meeting with ICANN Board.

6.    Status of Law Enforcement Questionnaire
7.    Status of Consumer Trust survey
8.    Quick updates from Staff re: Marina del Ray meeting (Sept) and
Senegal (Oct)
9.    Other Business
10.  Dinner?