[Rt4-whois] Some News from Kathy

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Tue Jun 7 13:52:44 UTC 2011

Dear All,
I wanted to share some news. As some of you might know, I am no longer
with PIR.  I certainly loved being there, but have moved on to other
projects (please see statement below).  I delayed in sharing the news
with you because we were uncertain of my status within the Review Team.
It is the one area I was most concerned about because we are a team, and
I did not want to leave midway through our very important work.

I value working with you everyday, and I know that our work serves a
very important purpose for ICANN, for the Community and for the Internet.

With ICANN Staff, David Maher (chair of the Registries Stakeholder
Group) and others we reviewed the appointment to the Review Team. Is the
appointment a personal one or a representative one?  In the end, I asked
David Maher to return to the Registries Stakeholder Group to ask if I
should continue or if a current-Registry-representative should be
appointed.

I wanted to share that it looks as if the Registries will be appointing
a new representative; they have asked for volunteers amidst the fulltime
Registry community. Emily and I will let you know of their response.

Let me share with you my departure statement below, and while I am not
saying good-bye yet, I truly want to share with you my great respect and
appreciation for every member of our Team, and for our incredible
collective effort. We are creating new ground, and I think we are doing
it well.

All the best,

The Public Interest Registry announced today that Kathy
<http://pir.org/about/alexaraad> Kleiman, the Director of Policy,
resigned from her position with the company effective May 6, 2011.

Kathy leaves PIR to finish her documentary on the work of the ENIAC
Programmers, the six women who programmed the first all-electronic,
programmable computer during WWII. With the passing of Jean Bartik on
March 23^rd , Kathy felt it was critical that she finish her long term
project in this area and share this powerful story.

PIR appreciates Kathy's contributions to .ORG and the public interest
and wishes her well.

Kathy can be reached at _kathy at kathykleiman.com
<mailto:kathy at kathykleiman.com>_. Her ENIAC Programmers Project can
found at _www.eniacprogrammers.org <http://www.eniacprogrammers.org/>_.