[Rt4-whois] Initial RFP Draft for Consumer Trust research

Dr.Sarmad Hussain sarmad at cantab.net
Wed Jun 22 01:05:29 UTC 2011

Dear Lynn,

Thank you for your efforts.  In the following statement which stipulates the
geopraphical/linguistic scope, I would want the group to consider some
additions:

3.2. The second deliverable is to perform surveys on a global scope in
multiple languages, compile and analyze the results and report findings.  A
minimum of ten (10) key countries is required and must include countries in
the Asia Pacific region, the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa.  The
surveys must collect a minimum of 100 responses per country.  Surveys should
be conducted in the language that is predominant for each country.

The additions proposed are:

1. require that X countries in the list should be developing countries with
less than 15% internet penetration (to restrict the no. of developed
countries surveyed)
2. require that a Y different scripts should be covered (to avoid all or
most countries in the survey to be in Latin script using languages)
3. require gender balance in the surveys (privacy concerns differ greatly
across gender in some countries)
4. require some age related diversity (not just limited to youth, for
example)

regards,
Sarmad