[Rt4-whois] Assignments - Action required

Sarmad Hussain sarmad.hussain at kics.edu.pk
Wed Jul 6 21:48:14 UTC 2011

Dear All,

1.       ICANN has a clear policy document, which identifies
motivation/need/objectives of WHOIS service(s), WHOIS data required, and the
stakeholders and their responsibilities in the process

2.       The policy document is translated into existing/additonal SLAs with
relevant stakeholders

3.       Consumer should be the owner of the data in the process and should
have EASY access to update data in his/her language (considering a
monolingual non-latin consumer as well)

I will not be able to attend the call as I am teaching a class at this time.

Regards,
Sarmad

3. Brainstorming recommendations.

For our next call, I would like to start brainstorming our recommendations,
and I want everyone to pick their top 3.

I think Bill put it nicely in our last meeting:

"Pretend to be the wisest, most benevolent dictator.  You need to fix this
problem, but you cannot alienate one or more groups of your subjects.  What
would you do to solve it?"

So, on our next call, we will do a virtual tour de table, and deliver our 3
recommendations.