[Rt4-whois] Recommendations

Lutz Donnerhacke lutz at iks-jena.de
Thu Jul 7 15:48:55 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 12:07:08PM -0300, Omar Kaminski wrote:
> So we must admit that any final server (registrars) are contratual
> covered by national laws. Perhaps, but most probably not.

Of course they are covered by national law. Otherwise the operating company
would not exist in this country. Please note, that I do not stop at the
registrar level but got down the reselling chain.

> Also, cross-national norms should be covered by International
> Conventions and/or Treaties to be granted (in less time).
>
> For a transborder court order, Brazil takes at least 6 months to a
> year (or more) just to answer and then start the process itself.

Whois services are not a short cut for inefficient legal processes. If they
are used to circument such legal preconditions, the whole system of Whois
services should be considered as illegal itself.