[Rt4-whois] Additional recommendation

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Wed Aug 17 14:47:13 UTC 2011

Hi All,
As our discussion evolve, key recommendations are continuing to emerge.
I look forward to the ones the Compliance subteam will be sharing
(important ones!) and wish to add this one...

Additional recommendation:

Per the requirement of the Affirmation of Commitments that "ICANN
additionally commits to enforcing its existing policy relating to WHOIS,
subject to applicable laws," the GAC is requested to provide, within a
six month period, a list of key Applicable Laws. These laws will provide
guidance and understanding for the ICANN and the Community as they work
to meet the obligations of the Affirmation of Commitments. As guidance,
the Whois Review Team shares its definition of Applicable Laws,
developed in conjunction with the ICANN Community through an open process.

Best,