[Rt4-whois] Applicable law updated with comments

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Wed Nov 30 20:15:24 UTC 2011

Hi All, On a key definition applicable law, Alice and I adopted the
edits proposed:

==>  Now: The Team understands the "applicable laws" reference as
encompassing all laws, but mainly focused on privacy laws and
regulations, and notes ICANN's existing consensus policy relating to
conflicts with privacy laws. The Team considered, but determined not to
include within the definition, international agreements and regional
laws recognizing that such laws are enforceable only to the extent
incorporated into the domestic laws of contracting states.

OK?  Raise a flag if not. Tx! Kathy & Alice

ORIGINAL ===>  The Team understands the "applicable laws" reference as
limited to privacy laws and regulation (SK) comment: I agree with Emily
should change to "encompass all laws but many mainly focus on privacy