[Rt4-whois] Applicable law updated with comments

Seth M Reiss seth.reiss at lex-ip.com
Wed Nov 30 20:33:24 UTC 2011

Good

From: rt4-whois-bounces at icann.org [mailto:rt4-whois-bounces at icann.org] On
Behalf Of Kathy Kleiman
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:15 AM
To: rt4-whois at icann.org
Subject: [Rt4-whois] Applicable law updated with comments

Hi All, On a key definition applicable law, Alice and I adopted the edits
proposed:

==>  Now: The Team understands the "applicable laws" reference as
encompassing all laws, but mainly focused on privacy laws and regulations,
and notes ICANN's existing consensus policy relating to conflicts with
privacy laws. The Team considered, but determined not to include within the
definition, international agreements and regional laws recognizing that such
laws are enforceable only to the extent incorporated into the domestic laws
of contracting states.

OK?  Raise a flag if not. Tx! Kathy & Alice

ORIGINAL ===>  The Team understands the "applicable laws" reference as
limited to privacy laws and regulation (SK) comment: I agree with Emily
should change to "encompass all laws but many mainly focus on privacy laws