[Rt4-whois] Updated Recommendation 14 - Centralized Database [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Emily Taylor emily at emilytaylor.eu
Wed Nov 30 21:30:11 UTC 2011

Hi

I like Kathy, Michael and Omar's suggested wording for 14.  Like Peter I
would be relaxed about it extending to any or all gTLDs, but can live with
.com and .net as they are the real pain.

On 30 November 2011 21:23, Nettlefold, Peter
<Peter.Nettlefold at dbcde.gov.au>wrote:

> Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm not going to oppose this, as its an important step in the right
> direction.
>
> That said, I don't understand why it can't be for all gTLDs. Its just a
> search portal, isn't it? Why would it be a problem for this to be
> compehensive? Wouldn't a comprehensive portal be better for consumers, not
> only for ease of access to data, but if compehensive it would gain a
> reputation as a one-stop-shop and help to address the lack of awareness
> issue?
>
> Am I missing something here?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter

*
*

76 Temple Road, Oxford OX4 2EZ UK
t: +44 (0)1865 582 811 • m: +44 (0)7540 049 322
emily at emilytaylor.eu

*www.etlaw.co.uk*

Emily Taylor Consultancy Limited is a company registered in England and
Wales No. 730471. VAT No. 114487713.