[Rt4-whois] Updated Recommendation 14 - Centralized Database [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Smith, Bill bill.smith at paypal-inc.com
Wed Nov 30 21:57:07 UTC 2011

+1

Who benefits from the limitation to just .com &.net?

On Nov 30, 2011, at 1:25 PM, "Nettlefold, Peter" <Peter.Nettlefold at dbcde.gov.au<mailto:Peter.Nettlefold at dbcde.gov.au>> wrote:

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

Hi all,

I'm not going to oppose this, as its an important step in the right direction.

That said, I don't understand why it can't be for all gTLDs. Its just a search portal, isn't it? Why would it be a problem for this to be compehensive? Wouldn't a comprehensive portal be better for consumers, not only for ease of access to data, but if compehensive it would gain a reputation as a one-stop-shop and help to address the lack of awareness issue?

Am I missing something here?

Cheers,

Peter