[Rt4-whois] Master document v1.2

Alice Jansen alice.jansen at icann.org
Wed Nov 30 23:46:48 UTC 2011

Dear Review Team Members,

My sincerest apologies for the confusion earlier today…

Attached you will find the latest version of the master document. Also available on the wiki: https://community.icann.org/display/whoisreviewprivate/Draft+report

Please read the report very carefully, in particular the last three chapters which are "fairly new". Your feedback, final language and edits are more than welcome!
For your convenience, I have enclosed the table of contents (see below).

Any major amendments should be emailed to the list for Review Team discussion. Typos and minor edits on the hand, should be emailed to me.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have questions or concerns.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Very best regards

Alice

Table of Contents

Chapter 1: Executive Summary 10

Chapter 2: The WHOIS Review Team, Scope of Work & Key Definitions 12

Chapter 3: The Complex History of WHOIS Policy17

Chapter 4: An Evaluation of  ICANN’s Efforts to Monitor and Enforce its Policies “Compliance Efforts”32

Chapter 5: Internationalization Registrant Data and the Difficult Problem of WHOIS Translation36

Chapter 6: Understanding the Needs of Stakeholders41

Chapter 7: Gap Analysis72

Chapter 8: Recommendations78

--
Alice Jansen