[Rt4-whois] Comments on the draft report

Emily Taylor emily at emilytaylor.eu
Thu Dec 29 16:59:55 UTC 2011

Hi all

I hope you are having a good holiday season.

You will have seen that the FTC wrote to ICANN's leadership recently (
http://news.dot-nxt.com/2011/12/16/ftc-letter-to-icann) and quoted
extensively from our draft report.   I wrote a blog piece for Dot-Nxt (
http://news.dot-nxt.com/2011/12/27/ftc-and-whois) which looks at the FTC's
comments on WHOIS more closely in the light of our recommendations and
findings.

In the meantime, I received these comments today from Nick Wood of Com
Laude/Valideus:

--------------

I have just had the time to sit and read your report - and I found it to be
full of wise, sensible and practical recommendations. Please pass on my
congratulations to your colleagues.

I support your alternative suggestion for Public comment in 17: a doorway
to complete gTLD whois information managed by ICANN in the public interest
is something that ICANN should have done 10 years ago!

I will be co-ordinating some comments from MARQUES

Best wishes

Nick

Nick Wood
Managing Director
Com Laude & Valideus

--------------

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all on the Review Team, and the
ICANN staff who have supported our work so ably over the past year, a very
happy and prosperous New Year!

*
*

76 Temple Road, Oxford OX4 2EZ UK
t: +44 (0)1865 582 811 • m: +44 (0)7540 049 322
emily at emilytaylor.eu

*www.etlaw.co.uk*

Emily Taylor Consultancy Limited is a company registered in England and
Wales No. 7630471. VAT No. 114487713.