[Rt4-whois] Compliance numbers

Emily Taylor emily at emilytaylor.eu
Wed Mar 21 08:53:55 UTC 2012

Many thanks Denise

I'm a bit confused by these numbers, as they appear to be different from
those given to us by the Compliance team when we met in January 2011
https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/19300501/Whois+Review+Team+Jan+20%2C+2011.ppt?version=1&modificationDate=1295532126000
.

This gave staff numbers as follows:

 *   2007 - ICANN sets up compliance function.  2 employees
 *   2010 - 7 permanent members, 3 temporary
 *   2011 - 5 permanent + 1 temp.

Can you help us out with these differences - particularly Mar 10, where it
appears from these figures that there were 4 members of staff, and from
ICANN's compliance team's presentation that there were 10 (ie 7 permanent +
3 temp).

Looking forward to your response.

On 20 March 2012 19:31, Denise Michel <michel.denise at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Emily (& Team):
>
> Attached is information on full time positions of ICANN's Compliance Team
> over time.
>
> They're looking into the history of temps and vacancies and I will keep
> you apprised.
>
> Regards,
> Denise
>
> Denise Michel
> michel.denise at gmail.com
>

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Emily Taylor <emily at emilytaylor.eu>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Denise
> >
> > During our call to staff the other week, we asked for numbers of
> compliance staff over time since 2007 (?) when the team was set up.  We
> asked for names, but JJ suggested numbers instead- that is fine.  Please
> would you split out permanent staff, temps/contract staff and vacant
> positions.
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Emily
> >
> > --
> >

> > 76 Temple Road, Oxford OX4 2EZ UK
> > t: +44 (0)1865 582 811 • m: +44 (0)7540 049 322
> > emily at emilytaylor.eu
> >
> > www.etlaw.co.uk
> >
> > Emily Taylor Consultancy Limited is a company registered in England and
> Wales No. 7630471. VAT No. 114487713.

*
*

emily at emilytaylor.eu