[RZERC] RZERC Chair Roles and Expectations

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Mon Dec 12 10:58:45 UTC 2016

> On 8 Dec 2016, at 20:09, Wessels, Duane <dwessels at verisign.com> wrote:
>
> It is my hope and expectation that RZERC will have a relatively low workload compared to, say, some of the other ICANN committees.  Hopefully we have short and/or infrequent meetings. So along those lines, it seems to me that RZERC chair would not require a big time commitment.
>
> As for duties, I expect its just the obvious things such as setting agendas, chairing the meetings, and working closely with ICANN staff on RZERC business.

+1

IMO there’s not much for the RZERC Chair to do and it should take even less effort from us to define the role.

I think the only thing that might need to be added to Duane’s list of likely Chair duties is to act as the public face of RZERC and perhaps show up at ICANN meetings as and when the need arises.