[RZERC] Face to face in Copenhagen?

Steve Sheng steve.sheng at icann.org
Mon Feb 13 19:35:26 UTC 2017

Hi all,

  The deadline for request a public session at ICANN 58 already passed. So at this stage, it is not possible to have a public meeting at ICANN 58. However, if RZERC members would like to have an informal gathering, we can arrange that.

  Perhaps we could consider a public session at ICANN 59? This gives us time to make progress on several work areas (e.g. scope) for a public session and hear the community’s input?

Best
Steve

On 2/13/17, 2:22 PM, "rzerc-bounces at icann.org on behalf of Howard Eland" <rzerc-bounces at icann.org on behalf of heland at afilias.info> wrote:

    > On Feb 13, 2017, at 1:15 PM, Peter Koch <pk at DENIC.DE> wrote:
    >
    > On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 06:40:36PM +0000, Wessels, Duane wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Feb 13, 2017, at 9:55 AM, Howard Eland <heland at afilias.info> wrote:
    >
    >>> How do others feel about the meeting?
    >
    >> I agree with you that a face-to-face meeting is not warranted at this time.  Might be smart to skip this one to convince ourselves and others that RZERC doesn't need to meet just for the sake of meeting.
    >
    > I believe it would be a missed opportunity.  We should offer the
    > community at least a chance to "meet RZERC" to clarify the
    > role (to the extent we have agreement) and to listen to them.

    I agree with this, but that’s also something that could be done in a subsequent meeting.

    > We could also explain what we're not going to do.

    Do we know ourselves yet?  This seems cart-horse-ish.

    -Howard