[RZERC] Face to face in Copenhagen?

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Mon Feb 13 19:35:43 UTC 2017

> On 13 Feb 2017, at 19:15, Peter Koch <pk at DENIC.DE> wrote:
>
> I believe it would be a missed opportunity.  We should offer the
> community at least a chance to "meet RZERC" to clarify the
> role (to the extent we have agreement) and to listen to them.
> We could also explain what we're not going to do.

That’s a lot of time for a group of busy people to spend on what would essentially be a no-op. Surely the whole committee doesn’t have to go to an ICANN meeting to explain what RZERC isn’t going to do? That task could be delegated to our Chairman*. Once we have one. Once we’ve decided what we’re not going to do. It seems unlikely we’ll have these matters resolved in time for Copenhagen.

*Or maybe we just nominate one of the committee to do that on our behalf if they’re already going to an ICANN meeting.

If the ICANN community decides the whole committee has to show its face at an ICANN meeting, we can figure out how best to satisfy that request once it has been made. Maybe our nominated representative at ICANN58 (if we'll have one there) could ask about whether our physical presence is needed or expected at future meetings.