[RZERC] RZERC Procedures redline and clean copy docs

Kim Davies kim.davies at iana.org
Fri Jun 9 19:02:48 UTC 2017

Hi Duane, Hi all,

Quoting Wessels, Duane via RZERC on Thursday June 01, 2017:

> Attached is an updated copy of the draft RZERC procedures document.  Mario, Steve, and I spent some time editing the document after our May 22 meeting.  I believe we have addressed all of the comments and suggestions provided.  Note in particular that the procedures document now makes clear when it references the RZERC charter.
>
> I'd like to encourage everyone to take a look at this version and provide feedback soon so that we can iterate on this faster than once per month.

Some brief and minor thoughts on the draft:

"The RZERC mailing list archive is open". I would suggest changing open
to "public", open mailing list may give the wrong impression it is open
for the community to use.

In 2.3.3, I was thinking about the concerns raised on the last call that
changed the timeframe from 24 to 48 hours, and wondered if 48 hours is
still too aggressive? I would assume there is no rush to complete the
poll, and therefore it might be more reasonable to nominate a period
more like a week. It won't prevent every eventually (folks being on
extended vacation and such) but would better guard against commitments
that could see folks unexpectedly missing the window through weekends,
travel and other short periods of being offline.

In 5.2, the addition of "perhaps at the next scheduled regular meeting"
- I am not sure if this is intended to rather mean "if possible, at the
next schedule regular meeting", or "which could be during a regular
scheduled meeting".

Overall, I think this is a great job at providing a good overall set of
working guidelines. I think it could be a lot more prescriptive but I
think it is a good balance that can be adjusted over time if necessary.

kim