[RZERC] FOR REVIEW: DRAFT Minutes 28 February teleconference

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Sun Mar 12 08:04:42 UTC 2017

> On 12 Mar 2017, at 07:49, Peter Koch <pk at DENIC.DE> wrote:
>
> since we're discussing minutes, and under the assumption that
> this is the summary, I wonder what the real message is.  The
> text is covered by the charter already, so when the committee
> "agreed" to this, do we want to say that RZERC "accepts" this
> part of the charter?

No. The text is simply an ICANN staff summary of the discussion that took place during a meeting you missed. The minutes of that meeting are definitive. [Once RZERC approves them of course.] Not this summary.

There’s no reason whatsoever to go off on a quest to define “the real message”. Or somehow couple that to the charter. So don’t do that Peter. Please.