[RZERC] FINAL RZERC Feedback on the Updated Plan for Continuing the Root KSK Rollover

Steve Sheng steve.sheng at icann.org
Tue Aug 7 17:56:16 UTC 2018

Thanks Duane! Attached please find the final version that was circulated to the list on 31 July.

Best
Steve

On 8/7/18, 1:49 PM, "RZERC on behalf of Wessels, Duane via RZERC" <rzerc-bounces at icann.org on behalf of rzerc at icann.org> wrote:

    Thank you very much, Peter.  I appreciate everyone's effort, input, and patience in getting this
    advice completed by our deadline.  I will ask our staff support to prepare the final version
    and post it here to the list.  Kaveh, as the Board representative, could you please deliver
    RZERC's response to the Board.

    With the experience of RZERC's first advice behind us I would like to suggest that we take
    time in a future meeting to debrief and consider whether or not changes to our procedures
    are warranted.  Since our August regular meeting is coming up quickly and already business that
    we need to discuss, I feel we should wait until September for the procedures discussion.

    DW

    On 8/7/18, 9:32 AM, "Peter Koch" <peter at denic.de on behalf of pk at DENIC.DE> wrote:

        Duane, all,

        On Thu, Aug 02, 2018 at 08:13:38PM +0000, Wessels, Duane via RZERC wrote:

        > Steve and I have been discussing some options for moving forward on this advice.  Referring to our procedures, I feel that our current situation fits the definition of Rough Consensus, under which minority viewpoints are considered but not necessarily accommodated.

        thank you for this suggestion, which perfectly is in line with our Operational Procedures.
        While I still firmly believe that the additional sentence is unjustified, I do consent
        with the gist of the main message.  Given that this is our first response, I would,
        after careful consideration, still not without a headache, not want to add a minority
        view statement.  For clarity, this should mean the version posted by Steve on 31st July
        would be submitted unaltered.

        Best regards,
           Peter