[RZERC] [Ext] Re: RZERC meeting minutes 11 December 2017 Teleconference Call

Mario Aleman mario.aleman at icann.org
Wed Feb 7 23:29:38 UTC 2018

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your feedback.

>    First, I might have lived under the wrong assumptions that the SoI would be  collected and kept by staff. At least, I'm not sure we had been explicit about     publishing them on the RZERC website.  Not that I'd oppose, I just wonder whether that was a decision taken some time back (didn't find it) or a false     assumption on my side.

RZERC Operational Procedures in Section 6.2 on Disclosure of Interest Statement describe the following:

"Disclosure of interests documents shall be updated at least annually, with reminders sent
by support staff as necessary. Disclosures of interests will be posted on the RZERC web
page, and will therefore be public documents."

   > Second, on the 'touch base call/mail', it's now probably late enough after the  11 Dec call that this continued conversation may count as such, but apart from that, the recorded 'decisions' leave open what the transcript suggests     and without any need to change the minutes I'd like to suggest we ask     staff support to give us a ping early enough before an ICANN meeting so that     we'd have a chance to ask for a room just in case.  We're past that point for San Juan, but that's OK for me.

Thank you, we will inform RZERC soon and will do our best.

The final version of the minutes will be posted online shortly with corrected fonts as well as audio recording and transcript.

Best,

Mario

On 2/7/18, 1:04 PM, "Peter Koch" <pk at DENIC.DE> wrote:

    Mario, all,

    On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 08:48:28PM +0000, Mario Aleman wrote:

    > Thank you for flagging the comments in the minutes. You are right, Peter was an apology for this meeting and Russ was referring to Peter's suggestion on the mailing list. Apologies if this wasn't clear, I have double checked the recording and transcripts, and made the edits on the document attached.

    thanks for the updated version, which resolves almost the only remark I had.
    The second version also improved the visual impression, but there's still some
    font issue at the end of page2/start of page3 - unless that's the 'redline' effect.

    Now that the remarks have been attributed more clearly, I have some questions
    on substance, not questioning what was actually said.

    First, I might have lived under the wrong assumptions that the SoI would be
    collected and kept by staff. At least, I'm not sure we had been explicit about
    publishing them on the RZERC website.  Not that I'd oppose, I just wonder whether
    that was a decision taken some time back (didn't find it) or a false
    assumption on my side.

    Second, on the 'touch base call/mail', it's now probably late enough after the
    11 Dec call that this continued conversation may count as such, but apart from
    that, the recorded 'decisions' leave open what the transcript suggests
    and without any need to change the minutes I'd like to suggest we ask
    staff support to give us a ping early enough before an ICANN meeting so that
    we'd have a chance to ask for a room just in case.  We're past that point
    for San Juan, but that's OK for me.

    Regards,
      Peter