[RZERC] Potential SSAC Comments on NIST Choice of Post Quantum Crypto Algorithms

Peter Koch pk at DENIC.DE
Mon Dec 2 19:51:00 UTC 2019

Dear RZERC members,

On Mon, Dec 02, 2019 at 12:55:54PM -0600, Howard Eland wrote:

> It could be argued that the addition of new algorithms IS a proposed architectural change.

I tend to agree.

> While I do not believe RZERC should make a full blown dissertation on this, I would be in favor of a “+1, as it pertains to the root zone” message from RZERC on the SSAC document.

Here I'd suggest we read the charter a bit more strictly, as probably
suggested by Kim.  There is no proposal on the table, yet, and there's
nothing yet to consider for the Board. Other than SSAC, we don't
make recommendations to "the community", so I believe an endorsement
would be beyond our scope.

Thanks, Duane, indeed I had missed the presentation.  Very interesting topic.

Regards,
  Peter