[RZERC] Possible response to future KSK rollover plan

Wessels, Duane dwessels at verisign.com
Wed Dec 11 19:21:43 UTC 2019

> On Nov 25, 2019, at 2:23 PM, Wessels, Duane via RZERC <rzerc at icann.org> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> At our previous meeting we discussed the possibility of submitting a comment to IANA's proposal for future KSK rollovers, which is posted at https://www.icann.org/public-comments/proposal-future-rz-ksk-rollovers-2019-11-01-en.
>
> Given that the deadline for feedback in January 31, I'd like to propose that we first come to agreement via discussion on the list whether or not RZERC should submit a comment.  Assuming there is agreement to do so we can use our meetings in December and January to work on the text of the comment.
>
> For your reference, RZERC's previous comment on the 2018 KSK rollover is here: https://www.icann.org/iana_rzerc_docs/317-feedback-on-the-updated-plan-for-continuing-the-root-key-signing-key-ksk-rollover-v-rzerc001
>
> Please provide your input as to whether or not RZERC should provide a comment by Wednesday, December 4.

Dear RZERC members,

Based on the transcript of our November meeting, there were three members (Russ, Howard, Kaveh) in favor of commenting.  On the list, Jim was not in favor of commenting.

For myself, I am in favor of commenting in support of the plan, but since we were not specifically asked, I can live with not commenting.

Any other opinions from those that haven't spoken up yet?

DW