[RZERC] Potential SSAC Comments on NIST Choice of Post Quantum Crypto Algorithms

Peter Koch pk at DENIC.DE
Mon Nov 25 22:31:06 UTC 2019

Russ, all,

thanks for the heads up and sharing.

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 01:59:05AM +0800, Russ Mundy wrote:

> I think that I mentioned at our last meeting that SSAC was probably going to submit a comment to NIST related to their ongoing post quantum crypto algorithm selection activity. I recently learned that comments are due by Dec 6 so I wanted to ask on the mail list if RZERC had interest in ‘joining’ in on the SSAC comment - If there is interest from RZERC, I’ll be happy to coordinate & provide more detail.

I could imagine a number of spots in the root zone maintenance/provisioning scheme where
longevity, PQC and algorithm agility could become relevant, but looking at
<https://csrc.nist.gov/Projects/post-quantum-cryptography/workshops-and-timeline>
without having followed that process anywhere near close, I wonder what RZERC could add
to an SSAC statement. So, I'd be curious to learn what SSAC's areas of concern are.

Thanks,
  Peter