[RZERC] Possible response to future KSK rollover plan

Wessels, Duane dwessels at verisign.com
Tue Nov 26 17:44:14 UTC 2019

> On Nov 26, 2019, at 3:16 AM, Jim Reid <jim at rfc1035.com> wrote:
>

>> On 25 Nov 2019, at 22:23, Wessels, Duane via RZERC <rzerc at icann.org> wrote:
>>
>> Given that the deadline for feedback in January 31, I'd like to propose that we first come to agreement via discussion on the list whether or not RZERC should submit a comment.  Assuming there is agreement to do so we can use our meetings in December and January to work on the text of the comment.
>
> Who said anything about a January meeting?

Jim, I'm simply noting that if the committee wants to take on this work then we would have opportunities in December and January to call for a meeting of the committee.

> BTW, where are the (draft?) minutes from this month's meeting? There's nothing on our web page either.

The recording and transcript can be published on the web page as soon as they are ready.  I'll ask the staff to do so.

The minutes will be prepared before our next meeting where they will be approved and then posted to the web site.

>> Please provide your input as to whether or not RZERC should provide a comment by Wednesday, December 4.
>
> IMO, this is a no-op since the proposed rollover plan doesn't involve "major architectural changes to the DNS root". So it's out of scope for RZERC. It would of course be a different story if there was an algorithm roll or something like that which affected the size of signed responses or the time to validate them.
>
> I suppose we could send a no comment response, just to remind the rest of ICANN that we're still here.

Thank you.

DW