[RZERC] RZERC Meeting in January 2020 and Beyond

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Fri Jan 10 15:27:24 UTC 2020

> On 10 Jan 2020, at 00:16, Wessels, Duane <dwessels at verisign.com> wrote:
>
> Therefore, I suggested to the ICANN staff that we should schedule recurring meetings so that we don't need to waste time with doodle polls.

Duane, that's fine, modulo some procedural aspects. However that is very different from what Danielle said. She suggested monthly meetings which RZERC has not agreed to hold.

It's sensible and reasonable to have a schedule of potential meeting dates and times so RZERC members could try to keep those slots free in their diaries. I support that.

I do not accept holding meetings unless there's a proven need to do so and there's general agreement that a meeting is justified. And of course, there's timely notification of clear discussion topics, agreed agenda, etc.

IMO RZERC must not hold meetings just for the sake of having a meeting.

If we do come up with a set of agreed dates/times, the default should be NOT to meet on those dates/times unless there's a valid reason to do that. ie Active steps have to be taken by RZERC to initiate those meetings.