[RZERC] RZERC Working Drafts

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Fri Jun 26 09:45:39 UTC 2020

> On 25 Jun 2020, at 22:48, Danielle Rutherford <danielle.rutherford at icann.org> wrote:
>
> Following up on our discussions from the June teleconference I am sending you the links to the working drafts for the two RZERC work items.

I’m confused. I thought we only agreed to put up a shared doc for the ZONEMD proposal and punt the signing root-servers.net stuff to RSSAC. There was a consensus that RZERC does not have the resources to study the implications of signing root-servers.net. The implication was someone else should do that work and RZERC would consider their findings.

I have read the transcript. There’s no mention of putting up a shared doc on signing root-servers.net. Or that RZERC was going to work on such a thing. Our general view seemed to be that RZERC would send the current document to RSSAC and/or SSAC and ask them to consider next steps.

BTW, where are the minutes of last week’s conf call? The transcripts are all very well. However they don’t clearly show what decisions were taken, what the action points are, who’s responsible for those APs, etc, etc. I’m curious too why there’s been a switch from minutes to transcripts and why that doesn’t seem to have been agreed or even discussed by RZERC.