[SOAC-Leaders-ICANNMeeting-Planning] Cross Community Session: Walk in the shoes of a gTLD Registry Operator

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 23:27:37 UTC 2018

Dear Donna,

Thanks for this. I checked the description and I can see that this session
is heavily focussed on stories of registries. All the panelists are
registries. I don't think this is a cross community session, it is more
like a community to community session, a term  Greg Shatan coined once
during our leadership meeting and I believe we should create it not to bump
into the same problem again and again. So I suggest either name this
session a community to community session or make it a real cross-community
session. If registries want to tell us what they do in a cross
community session, then there should be time for other parts of the
community to discuss various viewpoints with registries too and be involved
with developing the description as well. In the initial proposal there was
a suggestion to include various community members on the panel. This does
not seem to be the case at the moment. Either we can do 45 minutes of
registries discussion and then community discussion, or if registries want
to discuss for an hour and then half an hour just Q and A then lets just
call the session something else and not a cross-community session.

Best

Farzaneh

Farzaneh

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 10:03 PM, Austin, Donna via