[social-media-wg] draft plan of ICANN71 At-Large Social Media activities

Natalia Filina filinafilka at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 09:58:00 UTC 2021

Dear  Social Media WG  team,
I` d like to raise up the Q regarding our twitter competition (I put it as
comment in Draft of SoMe activity plan):

My thoughts about the contest on Twitter: the last time we received
comments about "again you win", and here is the conclusion:
among the awarded persons should not be the Regional Chairs of the Social
Media Group. because we make posts during the ICANN meeting. People make
reposts of our posts. Our posts get a lot of likes this way. And we (the
Regional Chairs) are the winners. This is not fair IMO.

I propose to exclude our names from the list of possible winners. Let the
community members have a better chance.
I also suggest that we announce the prize BEFORE the contest starts - it
may be better motivation for all-)
I also suggest that we prepare 3 prizes (I don't know, maybe it was like
this before).

I kindly ask you to comment on this.

And I kindly ask Staff to share with us plans about the prizes and the
possibility of making them a little more regionally landed (as we discussed
something related to the region of the rally- IMO a set of postcards of
cities in the Netherlands would be fine -) - do we have such an opportunity?

Best,
Natalia Filina

Moscow, Russia