[SubPro-IRT] REMINDER | SubPro IRT Meeting #23 | 19 December 2023, 14:00-15:00 UTC

Mike Rodenbaugh mike at rodenbaugh.com
Tue Dec 19 05:38:51 UTC 2023

Hi all,

Here are my notes on the current Topic #30 draft paper:

First paragraph should state that government 'sensitivities' or national
laws must be specified in the Early Warning.

Delete fn. 2.  Why should Org be allowed to unilaterally extend this time
period on its own whim?

Change this sentence:  The GAC Early Warning notice may *must *include a
nominated point of contact for further information *consultation with the
applicant.*

Clarify this last sentence re EWs:  Governments issuing Early Warnings must
include a written explanation describing *1) *why the GAC Early Warning was
submitted, *2) how specific national laws and/or sensitivities are
implicated,* *3) *how the applicant may address the GAC member’s concerns, if
applicable, as well as *and, 4) *identify the *all *objecting countries *and
the nominated contact from each*.

The paragraph at fn 6 and 7 needs to be reworked - bad grammar.

This is not right:  "The applicant will have a period of 21 calendar days
from the time the Board acknowledges receipt of the advice in which to
submit a response."  The time period should be longer than 21 days (as it
would typically take much longer than that to meet with government reps),
and should not be keyed from a time unknown to the applicant.  Also bad
grammar.

Best,
Mike

[image: Logo]

Mike Rodenbaugh

address:

548 Market Street, Box 55819

San Francisco, CA 94104

email:

mike at rodenbaugh.com

phone:

+1 (415) 738-8087
*WORLD TRADEMARK REVIEW "WTR 1000" Top Global TM Counsel*
*2012 to present
[Book a Meeting <https://www.cloudhq.net/meeting/stTkgqqvVTxS40EySIJv>]*