[TSG-Access-RD] Useful resource on OAuth2/OpenID Connect

Tomofumi Okubo tomofumi.okubo at digicert.com
Mon Dec 17 18:36:40 UTC 2018

As long as each query is vetted for non-public data, it sounds good to me.
Cheers,
Tomofumi

On 12/17/18, 10:19 AM, "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck at verisign.com> wrote:

    > On Dec 17, 2018, at 1:07 PM, Tomofumi Okubo <tomofumi.okubo at digicert.com> wrote:
    >
    > I think it is a good starting point.
    >
    >>   7. The RDAP server validates the ID and/or access token and returns the
    >>   response to the client. Subsequent requests would bypass steps 2-6.
    >
    > For non-public data, this would be an issue as data requester can freely query whatever once the connection is established. I believe there needs to be some sanity check per query for non-public data especially as RDAP allows regex-ish searches.

    Tokens are still used to validate requests once they’ve been negotiated. There are no “free” queries that bypass the authentication mechanism unless the client chooses to send a query without the parameters - and if they do that the query is processed without authentication.

    Scott