[TSG-Access-RD] [Ext] Re: Bulk Data, Bulk Query, WhoWas and Charter scope

Francisco Arias francisco.arias at icann.org
Wed Jan 2 19:26:33 UTC 2019

I was talking about the queries for non-public data. Queries for public data, should continue to be served directly by the registry/registrar.

--
Francisco

On 12/22/18, 6:31 AM, "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck at verisign.com> wrote:

    > On Dec 21, 2018, at 6:19 PM, Francisco Arias <francisco.arias at icann.org> wrote:
    >
    > I think the question of how requests are going to be reviewed is out of scope for this group. In the spec we have to support both "online/interactive" and manual authorizations as described in questions 2 and 3 in the authentication/authorization section of the key questions of the charter at https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/tsg-access-non-public-registration-data-charter-20dec18-en.pdf
    >
    > As described in the second paragraph of the charter (purpose section) the registry/registrar will only see a request from ICANN. There will be no interaction between the requestor and the registry/registrar.

    So we’re no longer considering a split model and ICANN will provide the public interface for all client queries for both public and non-public data?  If so, I hope you’ll consider deploying it from rdap.internic.net. It would be nice to see internic.net providing a useful service again.

    Scott