[technology taskforce] Posterous shuts down

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 18:51:06 UTC 2013

The challenge of using third party software backed by commercial
entities will always include closures, mergers, acquisitions or simply
getting fed up of things ;) A challenge for the TTWG is to make the
choice of Free and Open Source Software and find skills in ICANN to
manage it if it wants to avoid the vendor lock-in and the hey you
know, we are gonna switch off, leaving us constrained!

-- Fouad

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 11:35 PM, Dev Anand Teelucksingh
<admin at ttcsweb.org> wrote:
> This was one of the tools considered during the At-Large Improvements
> calls to allow content to be reposted to other social networks
> (Twitter, Facebook). I believe it was Gordon at the ICANN San
> Francisco meeting who sounded a cautionary note regarding relying on
> third party services that could disappear in the future.
>
> It was tested for the At-Large Social Media Strategy in time before
> the Toronto meeting and was found to be largely so slow as to be
> nonfunctional.
>
> Read blog post:
> http://blog.posterous.com/thanks-from-posterous

Regards.