proposed tz patch for New Zealand, Israel

J. Sean Connell ankh at canuck.gen.nz
Mon Mar 17 00:57:20 UTC 1997

On Sat, 15 Mar 1997, Paul Eggert wrote:

> Here are proposed patches to the tz database for the recent minor
> change to the New Zealand rules reported by Jeffrey Connell.

I'm currently attempting to track down some citation anywhere for this change;
with each passing search, it becomes more and more like a figment of Alan's
imagination.  As such, I cannot recommend the uptake of this patch.

According to the Time Act 1974:

>   4. New Zealand daylight time---(1) The Governor-General may from time
> to time, by Order in Council, declare that for such period or periods as
> may be prescribed in the Order in Council---
>   (a) The time for general purposes in New Zealand, except for the
>         Chatham Islands, shall be 1 hour in advance of New Zealand
>         standard time; and
>   (b) The time for general purposes in the Chatham Islands shall be 1
>         hour and 45 minutes in advance of New Zealand standard time.
>
>   (2) Any period prescribed in any Order in Council made under
> subsection (1) of this section shall commence at 2 a.m. New Zealand
> standard time on the day, being a Sunday, specified in the Order in
> Council, and shall cease at 2 a.m. New Zealand standard time on the day,
> being a Sunday, specified in the Order in Council or in any subsequent
> Order in Council.
>
>   (3) During any period that the time for general purposes in New
> Zealand is determined under the foregoing provisions of this section,
> that time shall be known as New Zealand daylight time.

I'll keep y'all informed as to what I can('t) find out.

I am extremely embarassed about this-all...

--
Jeffrey Connell            | Systems Adminstrator, ICONZ
ankh at canuck.gen.nz         | Any opinions stated above are not my employers',